Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween-Is It Christmas Yet?


Tonight I am feeling very happy and satisfied with this years Halloween experience!  I don't know why but I feel so much PRESSURE to make these milestones special even when I know little man won't remember a thing.  I blame Facebook.  I think it was better being blissfully unaware as to what others were up to.  But now its like "Whoa!  Look at them.  Doesn't that look like fun?!?  I need to do that too!"

This morning Kolton's Romp N Roll class dressed up for the holiday and then of course the all important Trick or Treating this evening.  I wavered whether or not to take him.  Especially since we don't really know anyone in the neighborhood.  But then I thought about the fact that I never really knew the people when I Trick or Treated as a child so what's the big deal?!?  So I threw on my mask and introduced Kolton to the final joy of Halloween.  We went to 8 or 9 houses.  My little dragon was still incredibly cute and grasped the fact that the candy went from the bowl into his bucket.  But he also thought we were supposed to go in to each house.  Maybe he was confused because they all look like ours????  Mike has been home all week because all of his meetings have been cancelled due to Sandy.  It was really nice to do this little rite of passage as a family.  I know it might not have been the most exciting time but it was perfect for us!


I think you either fall in the Love It or Hate It camp when it comes to Halloween.  I'd say I'm more in the Hate It camp but overall I had fun with it this year.  Now we can plow right on through Thanksgiving to Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment