Sunday, October 14, 2012

Anger Management


I remember the last time my mom left after a visit I had to re-sleep train Kolton.  I think the first couple of nights he cried for a 1/2 hour.  It looks like we will be entering that territory again.  It's honestly not her fault.  Inexplicably both times little man started to get incredibly clingy before she even set foot in the door.  But if memory serves me right I think it only took 4 or 5 days for him to settle back into a smooth bed time routine.  It breaks my heart but I refuse to be held hostage.  Especially when I know he can do it.

This past week I saw a lot of little changes in my baby.  He is definitely trying to communicate with his own version of words and even used signs independently for the first time.  He also expressed anger for the first time.  Of course he has been upset and frustrated in the past but this week on two separate occasions he was MAD!  I watched his face turn bright red when I couldn't understand what he was saying after repeated attempts.  Then one night I left the room so that my mom could put him to bed and he stomped the ground and threw a ginormous fit.  Like I said he has been so clingy to me it's almost embarrassing.  It's too bad that its so darn cute.

Well, its been twenty minutes, I think he might be tiring himself out.  Wait....yup, it's finally quiet.  Poor little guy.  I hope he still loves me in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment