Friday, November 2, 2012

Dental Dread


Yesterday I had some dental work done.  I had to have multiple caps replaced, cavities, a deep clean, etc.  I think I have mentioned it before but I am a big wimp when it comes to the dentist!  My dental issues have plagued me since I was very, very, young.  To save me some anxiety, I opted for the sedation route.  Has anyone else done this?  This is actually my second time.  They give you a drug that allows you to function without remembering anything.  You know what you are doing but not really.  Basically I woke up in my bed and my first thought was of dread because I had to go to the dentist.  My second thought was the realization that I had already been there!!!!  I probably should mention that I had a babysitter for Kolton (and myself) all day until 8pm.  And yes, she drove me to and from the appointment.  I really hope little man doesn't inherit this from me.  And don't get me wrong sedation doesn't come without its challenges.  Apparently I was rather feisty and fought them quite a bit.  Although they said they are used to it I'm pretty embarrassed.  So now its just another reason to dread going there.

No comments:

Post a Comment