Friday, October 19, 2012

Little Fighter


This is Kolton's pre-school picture.  It's a picture of the picture so I think you can see my shadow hovering over it.  Anyway, I am in love with it!  I think it captures his essence perfectly.

If you are my friend on Facebook then you know over the past couple of days I have made posts regarding pediatric cancer.  I wrote on here that I first started following Ronan Thompson's story on his mom's blog, www.Rockstarronan.com.  Ronan passed over a year ago but Maya continues to update the blog with her brutally honest feelings about losing a child to this awful disease.  She is on a mission to raise money for research and ultimately build a Neuroblastoma care facility.

She recently posted a link to another mom's blog, www.SuperTy.org.  Sadly 5 year old Ty Louis Campbell, who they called their Little Fighter, just lost his battle.  I can't explain it but I'm honestly forever changed.  Mike thinks I am too engrossed in this.  But I think that's exactly the problem.  Too many people looking the other way.

Here is the LINK to the petition for the NFL to wear gold next September to raise awareness for Pediatric Cancer like they wear pink in October for Breast Cancer.

I also signed up to volunteer for a local group here in Richmond called Connor's Heros.  I have an informational meeting next week.  Here's the thing about me; I'm still struggling to find my place in the world.  Living in Richmond still feels a little like wearing the Left shoe on the Right foot.  It's not just the town its me too.  I love staying at home with little man but I'm missing something...  But I don't have any career type aspirations that would make me want to put Kolton in daycare.  With Mike gone so much I think its important that I be with him.  I'm really not trying to make this all about me, but maybe by helping these kids and getting behind a cause I'll end up helping myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment