Monday, October 1, 2012

Bites


For the past several weeks I have really struggled with finding things Kolton will actually eat.  He'll take little bites here and there but won't eat meals.  Things he used to gobble up now get pushed away.  Every google search results in toddler friendly recipes.  But, what do you do when your kid won't even open his mouth to try anything?  Its extremely frustrating and of course I worry that he isn't getting adequate nutrition.  More than anything I just hope he's not going hungry.  But if he was hungry don't you think he'd eat?????

In other Kolton news I'm starting to suspect he might have really sensitive skin.  His reaction to bug bites is almost alarming.  It takes him a really long time to heal.  I fear some may even scar.  The weather has been really beautiful so I've been trying to spend more time outside.  Last week we were out for only 1/2 hour but I had to take little man in due to no less than 6 mosquito bites that were already turning red.  3 or 4 were clustered on the side of his cheek.  On Friday we went to play at a park.  We were only there for a few minutes when I saw a mosquito land in the exact same spot.  He came home with 3 bites added to his collection.  He had a big puffy red spot about the size of a quarter...but you could see all the individual bites.  Then of course he scratched it and it broke open and bled.  I covered it with a band aid just to keep his grubby little paws off it.  Things look better today but now a new cluster has shown up on his leg.  Do all babies react this way?

We had another boring lazy weekend.  I'm starting to get a fire lit under me though to get and and do more.  The fall seems to be packed with things to do and I'm already seeing a ton of apple orchard and pumpkin patch pictures on Facebook.  I may even try some home improvement projects like painting.  In my 34 years I have never painted anything!  Can you believe that?!?!

1 comment:

  1. L's skin is super sensitive like Kolton's. We use lots of bug spray here, and benadryl cream after she gets a bite. Poor kiddos!

    ReplyDelete