Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Parting Gifts


My mom left early Sunday morning.  Like always she definitely spoiled us while she was here.  Is it sad that I sill feel delight when my mom buys me things?  It's like I'm 4 or something.  I know part of it is because she only sees us about 4 times a year and she sees my siblings a lot more.  And part of it is because I am her only daughter and I like stuff =)  This time she left us with two parting gifts to mark her fall visit.

The first is that carousel  you see in the photo.  We were at Castco looking at more of the "stuff' and less of the "bulk food".  Most of you know that I am a Christmas junkie so while I was getting lost in the isles looking mom disappeared with Kolton.  When I found them he was absolutely mesmorized by this carousel.  I think its supposed to be a Christmas decoration like you'd display in a Christmas village but it also plays non-Christmas music two.  Well it hit the trifecta for little man; Music, Blinking Lights, & Spinning!  Mom said he had been staring at it for at least 15 minutes, if not more, and wouldn't let her leave the area.  I just knew we HAD to get it for him and Mom was generous enough to offer to buy it...and it was kinda of pricey.  I'll leave it out for him through Christmas this year but then I think I'll pack it away and only bring it out in December.  It is pretty awesome.  Thanks Mom!

Her other parting gift was this brutal cold, sorry Mom!  She got sick on Thursday night and now all 3 of us have it too!  Mike is traveling and I barely got out of my pj's today.  It isn't the worst cold I've ever had but I'm a big baby when it comes to getting sick.  Thankfully Kolton has taken 4 hour naps both yesterday and today so I haven't been too stressed.  He's also figured out that when I come at him with a tissue I am trying to help him and not suffocate him or something.    I really wish I could take a dose of Nyquil and call it a night.  I just don't trust myself taking it alone in the house with Kolton.  Even though I'm pretty sure he'll sleep through the night;  that stuff knocks me out!  So I think I'll crawl in bed and turn on the Presidential debate.  My guess is that will work just as well =)

No comments:

Post a Comment