Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Getting Back To Good


Well Wow! The Sandy Storm turned out to be pretty bad.  My thoughts and prayers go out to all of those who lost so much, including their lives.  Mike and I were talking about how these natural disasters almost seem unnatural lately.  But thankfully everything is all good here in Richmond.  We didn't even lose power.  It's just been a whole lot of rain.  But, even that has stopped now.

Despite the weather we still had Kolton's speech evaluation at Children's Hospital yesterday.  The therapist interacted with him exactly the way the lady from the county does.  So it was kind of nice and reassuring to see consistency.  Her recommendation was that he should receive therapy once a week.  She felt that he is demonstrating the appropriate behaviors towards saying his first word but he is only at a 9-12 month level.  What sucks is they called me back this morning to say that our insurance will not cover their services.  To be honest I'm not even 100% sure his current therapy is covered.  Its just that we've never seen a bill.  I hate to go digging into situations like this.  I'll imagine they'll say..."Oh, why yes, we should be billing you and we haven't been.  You owe us $1500.  Thank you for bringing this to our attention"  So now I'm not really sure what to do.  I just wish someone could tell me he'll be fine and talk when he's good and ready.

Today we went to Romp N Roll for Open Gym.  They didn't hold any of their scheduled classes but just allowed parents to bring the kids in for play time.   It was a MAD HOUSE.  Everyone was clearly suffering from cabin fever.  I knew at least 5 of the other mothers there.  So even I had fun chatting and catching up.  But I still can't help wondering why I'm just not connecting or making the type of friends I'm used to making.  I've been so incredibly lucky to meet so many wonderful people in my life.  Have I run out of luck?  What's it going to take to get back to a place where I feel 100% sure I've ended up exactly where I'm supposed to be?

1 comment:

  1. He WILL talk! I think it's great to get some extra people working on the same things you already do. Glad it went well!

    ReplyDelete