Sunday, June 3, 2012

Great Weekend!


The sitter worked out really well Friday night.  She told me that Kolton fell asleep on her while she was reading to him.  I was a little worried only because he was showing some signs of clingyness.  He's such a momma's boy that he cries a little when I go out of sight, even if its just to go upstairs.  This happens at our house too so it isn't just a strange place thing.  The one nice thing about being a stay at home mom is I feel zero guilt over going out for a night.  I spend so much quality time with the little guy that having a little quality me time is well deserved.  It was so great to catch up with the Baltimore ladies.  I'm starting to call Kristin's guest room "my room" because I'm there so much;)  That's Kristin's boyfriend, Alec, in the pic.  But I'm totally relieved to have found Rachel so if any of you gals need a sitter let me know!


The weather this weekend was ridiculously beautiful...80's and sunny with low humidity.  We don't get that luxury very often.  I know I post a lot of photos at the mall but it really is a fun outdoor thing to do.  There was even a little concert going on.  People brought chairs and claimed spots on the lawn.  Welcome to family life!


Sunday Funday!  Its taken us a little while but we now realize there are a ton of festivals going on in Richmond.  Today we went to Broad Appetit.  Broad Street is a main drag that runs from downtown Richmond all the way out here in the West End so that's the reason for the name.  A few blocks were shut down and local restaurants...there's that word again....set up booths and sold small tasting plates for $3.  There were a ton of people pushing strollers there as well.  What's crazy is there really isn't any place to conveniently change a diaper.  I don't think I've ever noticed changing stations at any festival but there are always a lot of kids.  I ended up laying Kolton down on a sidewalk behind the porta potties!  I have a skip hop changing pad so it wasn't like he was on the actual sidewalk but still...gross right?  I used an extra diaper to give his head a little pillow.  But if anyone has a magic secret strategy please share because I think we'll be going to a lot more festivals.  We had a really lovely afternoon and it'll help us discover Richmond a little more too.

1 comment:

  1. Kim and I like to use the trunk of our car. If you just pop the trunk it gives you a really great elevated flat surface, but you might get some strange looks. :)

    ReplyDelete