Monday, June 18, 2012

Show Stopper

We are in Nags Head, NC. I've never done a blog post on my phone so excuse the spelling errors! Is traveling with a toddler ever really a vacation? OMG the packing alone is enough to not want to do this more than once a year. So far we have not really done anything but drive and sleep. Friday night was Kristin & Alec's engagement party in Baltimore. So Saturday morning I drove 3 hours back to Richmond, spent 3 hours packing, then drove another 3 hours to VA Beach to meet Mike. I was exhausted! yesterday we made the rest of the trip down to Nags Head...another 2 hour drive. We were able to spend some time on the boardwalk before leaving VA Beach. There was an art show and A LOT of people. Without a doubt the star of the show was Sophie! I forgot how much people are fascinated with pugs! No less than 10 people wanted to pet her and about every third person exclaimed "Oh look at the pug!" Not one person said anything about Kolton. Well I better get my screaming child down to breakfast. Hopefully I'll figure out how to post photos soon! And what do you do when your child goes down by 8:00 in your hotel room?

2 comments:

  1. I'm not sure what it is like with a toddler but we experienced the sharing of a hotel room with a baby when AM was 9 months old. Her bedtime is 7pm. What that meant for us is that we were also going to bed at 7pm because she could NOT sleep if we were awake (and had any sort of light on because she was in a strange place). We slept for like 10+ hours every day on that trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We actually take a little corner of the hotel room and hang curtains on ropes across two different walls (I know, it sounds like a lot - but it's really not..although I'm sure housekeeping thinks we are strange!) We put a sound machine and the pack n' play in that little corner and then we pull the curtains shut after putting the babe/toddler to bed. That way, we can use the rest of the hotel room and even have the t.v. on silently - and they are still in their little dark cozy corner. Works like a charm.

    ReplyDelete