Thursday, June 21, 2012

Wanderer


I think as of today I will officially say that I have a walker.  Even though Kolton will still crawl he's definitely more into walking now.  He's not super quick on his feet yet but today I had the super fun experience of trying to choose books at Barnes & Noble while chasing my little wanderer.  It was laughable!  What was I thinking!?!?!  I guess I thought he might sit quietly with a book or peruse the isles with me.  Nope, little man took off every time I set him down.  Then did that crazy back arch thing every time I picked him up.  Time to order a toddler leash =)

But just as he has taken a giant step toward independence he has simultaneously become more co-dependent.  Over the weekend I cuddled him to sleep.  The crazy thing was he let me do it.  Since we were out of our element I was grateful for a way to get him down.  But now he expects it for both bed time and naps!  One one hand I love it because I miss my cuddle bug.  But, I've always stuck to my guns on the no rocking to sleep rule.  Kolton has slept through the night since right around 12 weeks and usually goes down without crying.  Ummmm, not so much right now.  Its gut wrenching but, I had to let him cry it out tonight.  But maybe I should just enjoy the cuddles for now because any progress I make will be blown to bits once my mom gets her hands on him next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment