Monday, June 25, 2012

Little Tornado


Kolton is definitely in a state of some form of transition.  Between the walking and the separation anxiety alone he is a slightly different kid.  Add in a splash of extra energy and a dash of sassy pants and you get quite the little tornado.  AND speaking of tornadoes...we were in a little one today!  No joke!  The sky was black on one side of my house and the sun was shining on the other.  I took Kolton to the front porch to look at the clouds then noticed the trees swirling in front of us even though the air around us was completely still.  Growing up in the Midwest I have experienced this before.  Instinct kicked in and I brought little man inside.  Within seconds there were branches flying every where, hail raining down, thunder, lightning, you name it.  They don't build basements in Richmond!  So I wasn't quite sure where to go????  Both of my 1st floor bathrooms have windows so I went into our walk in closet.  The very same closet that came crashing down a couple of weeks ago!  I don't freak out about storms but for a minute there I was a tad concerned.  We lost power for about 4 hours and there are downed trees and debris through out the neighborhood.  One of our windows (that was already broken) actually blew out but remained intact on the ground.  I haven't heard of any damage beyond repair but the scene is still pretty incredible.

No comments:

Post a Comment