Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Rant: Waiting

I even took off his pants to save time.  A lot of good it did me!

I have a small rant today.  Is it so wrong to think its perfectly acceptable for a mother to be slightly late for an appointment and at the same time be completely ludicrous, borderline cruel, to make that mother wait for over 1/2 hour beyond the set appointment time?????  Kolton had an urology follow up appointment today.  I arrived exactly on time; 2:20.  We checked in and were shown to or exam room very quickly.  Then we waited, and waited, and waited,  Just as I was hitting my boiling point and getting ready to walk out at 3:05 the doc came in.  Was I being punished for being exactly on time?  It was a children's urology center so they should know that #1) its hard to get any where on time with a child and #2) its even harder to entertain said child for a 1/2 hour in an exam room!!!!!!!  Ugh!  OK, I'm done...Of course I had no reason to be late; i just had to stop and get gas =)  Oh yeah, and the reason that angel face in the picture had a meltdown was because I wouldn't let him eat the chair!  Has anyone ever stormed out of a doctor's office for having to wait too long?

2 comments:

  1. YES! I had a sick apt for Harrison and I was 5 minutes late b/c I couldnt find anywhere to park and the stpuid lady at the front didnt have the sign in sheet out and was helping someone else. After they shuffled us between 3 rooms and Harrison was in his diaper for over an hour waiting I burst into Dr. Kumra's office even though I couldnt get in to see her that day. I told her we had been waiting over an hour to see someone and she took us right away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you still going to the shady place or is Dr. Kumra back in Canton????

      Delete