Monday, January 23, 2012

The Big One


Kolton's birthday party was on Saturday. It turned out better than I ever could have dreamed; or been able to pull off at home.  We held it at one of our favorite gathering spots in Baltimore.  It was so great not to have to worry about running out of anything, restocking, or serving.  All of our friends in the Baltimore/DC area came to celebrate with us...around 30 people or so.  We felt incredibly loved!

The theme was cupcakes.  I ordered a giant cupcake for Kolton's smash cake along with regular cupcakes for  the adults from a woman from my MOMS Club here in Richmond.  Thank you Marci Foote from Sugarfoote Custom Cakes! 

I found awesome cupcake balloons, plates, napkins, etc at Party City.



He wasn't so into getting his hands messy but he did eat all of those little sugar buttons from around the bottom.  Yes...all of them!





I'm not exactly planning on throwing a big bash like this for him every year.  Just milestones with smaller celebrations in between.  So the next one will be when Kolton turns 5.  The scary thing is Mike will be turning 40 (Mike's Birthday was on the 15th).  Hmmmm, I'm sure I'll figure out a fun way to combine the two!  Because everyone knows I love to throw a good party.

So what am I going to do with myself now you ask?  Well the other big news to come out of the weekend was Kristin & Alec got engaged!!!!!  The two are like family to me.  Bring on the wedding planning =)

No comments:

Post a Comment