Friday, January 6, 2012

50 Weeks!


Crap!  With all of the holiday craziness I totally dropped the ball on taking weekly pictures!  Shoot, shoot, shoot!  I almost made it the entire year taking photos of him in that chair.  Oh well...I'm not really sure what I was planning to do with all of them.  I was thinking of making a photo book on shutterfly or something like that.  Whoops!  I'll probably still do that even though there is this 2 week gap now.

This week has been all about finding new things for Kolton to eat.  It's actually been a lot of fun experimenting.  Today was the first time I went to the grocery store and did not buy any baby food.  Instead I bought regular things like applesauce, cottage cheese, yogurt, and bananas.  I'm struggling with the protein though.  So I got these single serve chicken breasts and figured I'd cook it like I do for Sophie when I give her chicken and rice for an upset stomach.  So if anyone has any suggestions I'm all ears!  Today was the first time I gave him corn & peas...yes I found some whole ones in his diaper tonight =)

2 comments:

  1. For protein, Zoey loved kidney beans. Just open up a can and rinse them off. They are the perfect size. Dinner served!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yup, beans are great. We do the same with a can of black beans. Rowan eats 'em right up. We also do little bow tie pasta, Earth's Best chicken nuggets ( in a pinch!) pancakes ( we freeze a bunch which makes it easy to pull one out when you need them) and of course lots of veggies and fruit. Blueberries cut in half, avocado, pear slices...the list goes on! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete