Tuesday, June 21, 2011

The Voice


Kolton spent the day working his pipes.  Maybe some day he will be on The Voice...love that show!

So I ultimately decided not to drive to Richmond.  I tossed and turned all night thinking about getting down there and seeing a place listed on Craig's List by myself with my infant son.  Then having to stay in a hotel by myself as well.  It just didn't sit well with me.  Some of my mommy friends have been discussing their change in attitude since becoming mothers.  I know I have become way more paranoid!  My mind sometimes goes to dark places it probably shouldn't.  I think it's a protective instinct that I've never experienced before.  Basically thinking about situations and worse possible scenarios so that I can protect my offspring.  

The other reason I decided not to go is Kolton is still waking up crying hysterically.  I miss the nights we put him down at 7pm and didn't hear a peep until 6am.  I'm not quite sure what is wrong.  I really try not to pick him up because I feel like it just opens a flood gate.  However, when the kid cries that hard I can't help myself.  He is instantly comforted and stops, falling back asleep within seconds.  So, I figure he can't be hungry and if he was in any teething pain wouldn't he continue to cry?  The good news is the number of times he has gotten up has reduced to only once last night.

On a random note I recently read a post on BabyCenter about C section scars and the feelings women have about their own.  I honestly haven't given mine much thought.  But it is kind of crazy to have a forever physical reminder of the events of the day Kolton was born.  And it's still a little itchy and numb which is slightly weird!

No comments:

Post a Comment