Thursday, June 2, 2011

Curve Ball



If the word curve ball is ever used in conversation as it applies to life and I shriek then hide under the table rocking myself in the fetal position  you'll know why...  We are not moving to Florida!  No, but we are moving to Richmond, VA!!!  For those of you who still care the relocation drama continued this week and threw us another "curve ball"!

Tuesday morning as I turned in my computer and keys I told everyone at work we were officially moving to Florida.  About 8 hours later it was Richmond!  Apparently the person they offered the VA job to didn't pan out so they gave Mike the choice of where he wanted to go.  I'm sorry but I was not too happy.  I guess I should have been but enough is enough.  I had to psych myself up each time the location of our move changed.  If you're keeping score we were first told FL, then VA, FL for sure, no wait VA if you want it.  Ugh!  Then in the middle of everything there was a position with another company that wouldn't have required us to move at all.  I'm sure you can guess what I was rooting for!  Even though Mike had a solid shot at all of the positions I think things have worked out for the best.  I'm happy to be staying in the Mid Atlantic region and I think Kolton is going to have an amazing childhood.

I hate to ask but if you think about it please say a little prayer for us tomorrow.  The surgery is early in the morning so by the time you get to work it'll probably be over.  I know it's completely routine and I've done my best to remain calm.  But I did make Mike do a dry run to the hospital just so we know exactly where we're going.  Hey, I'm a planner:)  It's an outpatient procedure so we should be home tomorrow afternoon.  I'll update as soon as I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment