Thursday, June 30, 2011

23 Weeks!



Yesterday's photo session did not go very well.  I had a hard time getting Kolton to look at the camera.  Usually he is quite the ham.  Well, when I went to pick him up I discovered why.  Poop everywhere!  Hey, what would a mommy blog be without a little poop discussion every once in a while.  Baby poop is devilishly tricky.  It shoots out the side for no reason at all.  You think there is going to be a load in there but no, sometimes even just a little decides it has no room for containment.  I know I'm stooping kind of low discussing this but this week I have had to change my clothes at least once a day, EVERY DAY!  Mike pointed out that I should be putting pants on him instead of these short outfits because it allows for the escape out the leg.  But it's summer....and shorts are so cute:-)



We had a big day out.  It was absolutely gorgeous outside; not a cloud in the sky.  First we met friends out for lunch at the Wine Market my absolute favorite Baltimore restaurant.  It is just down the street from my house with plenty of parking at outdoor seating.  We had a great lunch just lounging outside.  Then we went to the pool at our gym.  I didn't take Kolton into the water because I'm not quite sure about the rules regarding babies.  However, there were babies younger than Kolton at both places.  I'm always surprised by younger babies.  I think it's because I feel like time has stood still and I am a new mom yet.  But seeing a younger baby reminds me of all we've been through and everything we've figured out a long the way.  It's crazy to think I might actually have useful advice on motherhood!  Me, and experienced Mom?  OMG, that rocks my world!

1 comment:

  1. I've had a few of thos moments too where I look at moms with babies younger than AM and think, "Oh - I remember those days."

    However, just when I think I've gotten something figured out (like breastfeeding) - its time to introduce solids and I feel like a total rookie again!

    (and I totally feel ya on the poop talk. I talk about poop SO MUCH now.)

    ReplyDelete