Thursday, June 9, 2011

Better Day




Last night Kolton woke up at 2:30 am.  Against my better judgement I picked him up and oh boy did the flood gates open.  He screamed and I eventually had to give him a bottle.  I'm crossing my fingers that it was just a fluke!

Today was a better day.  He took 2 long naps and 1 really short one.  It makes such a difference to get a couple of long stretches to myself.  I did receive my 1st rude comment however.  After the multiple comments from strangers on how HUGE I got during my pregnancy I guess I am a little used to it but it pissed me off all the same.  Mike has been in Minneapolis training all week (he gets back tonight!) so I've been on my own morning, noon, and night.  This means I had to manage getting Sophie out for potty breaks with Kolton.  It gets kind of tricky at night because I put him down around 7:00 which means I have to take them both out around 6:30.  That's a little earlier than I would like to take her especially since its been so hot here.  Well today the heat was oppressive!  As I'm walking down the sidewalk (in the shade BTW) a couple of women passed me and said, "A baby and a dog!  What are you thinking?"  "Well my husband is out of town so I have no choice" I replied.  "What was HE thinking?!?"they said.  I hope they were just trying to comment on how tough it must be to juggle both but it came off kind of snide all the same.

So I'm finding it kind of tough to stay away from having the TV on all day.  Especially on days like today where I spent all of it in the house.  I managed to keep it off until around 1:00pm.  Anybody have any suggestions?

No comments:

Post a Comment