Tuesday, June 14, 2011

3rd Time's the Charm



I'm learning when it comes to babies if at first you don't succeed try, try, again.  It takes Kolton roughly 3 times to get used to a new activity.  Take the Baby Bjorn for example.  This week I put him forward facing for the first time.  He cried for a little while, settled down a bit, then got fussy again.  The second walk went a little better but we still didn't make it out very long before we had to come back.  Today, he chilled for the entire circuit I usually take Sophie on.  Not a peep from him.  Even when our neighbor greeted us.  This week he has also been experiencing the stranger danger feeling.  Tonight I tried feeding him rice cereal for the first time in 2 months.  I experimented with it before we had him sleeping through the night.  He actually did much better then than he did tonight.  He ended up sucking on his fingers as a way to remedy the confusion over swallowing without a nipple in his mouth.  But I have high hopes that 3 days from now he'll get it figured out.

No comments:

Post a Comment