Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Redo, Baby Lesson #2



Have I mentioned what a good boy Kolton is?  Well besides being ridiculously cute he is also a ridiculously good baby.  Of course there is the occasional crying when he is tired or hungry but for the most part he is super chill.  There is no way I will have another like him so if I want more kids in my future I know I am doomed.  Today was a little out of the ordinary.  He was definitely more fussy than usual but you know what?  All I had to do was put him on my lap facing me and he was all smiles again.  He just wanted to chat and play.  It's really that simple with him!  I will say that it was a little exhausting for me but I can't complain too much.  What I've learned is that sometimes he needs a redo; to basically start the day over.  Did you ever redo you school pictures as a kid?  I really don't like myself in pictures so every year I would opt for the redo.  Change my outfit, change my hairstyle, and just start over.  The redo is my baby lesson #2.  If I can't figure out why Kolton is crying I take him upstairs strip him down, change his diaper and his outfit.  This has worked for me a few times and takes only minutes!

Today was a HOT one. I spent most of it indoors with the shades down.  I did venture to Target though.  Before I had Kolton a trip to Target always meant I spent $100.  Now, it's upwards of $150.  I think I  need to stop going...

2 comments:

  1. I have said the SAME thing about having another baby. I think A, for the most part, has been a pretty easy baby (especially when I hear about babies with colic). I worry that if I have another, it will be Rosemary's Baby or something.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lyla was the best baby and Rowan, while I love him to pieces has certainly been more difficult! He woke up 3 times last night....and has been all week. He just seems to be more demanding of our attention. Maybe it's a baby of the family thing. :)

    ReplyDelete