Friday, November 30, 2012

In The Hospital


Most of you are my friend on Facebook so you saw that Kolton was admitted to the hospital last night with RSV.  He hadn't eaten or drank anything substantial in 48 hours so besides the IV fluids from the night before I wasn't really sure what he was running on.  He was EXHAUSTED and slept most of the evening.  He even fell asleep on the procedure table after they inserted his IV.  But don't get me wrong my little fighter put up a BIG fight before going down for the count.  Through out the past week multiple doctors and nurses have commented on how strong he is.  We are so proud of that!!!!  But, it makes handling him on my own quite difficult sometimes.

I actually went home to sleep while Mike stayed the night.  I figured there wasn't any reason why both of us should be there.  I'm not going to lie, leaving went against all of my Mommy instincts.  However, I had been through the ringer myself the past few days and really just wanted to sleep and take a shower.  When I went back this morning around 8:00 I expected to find a happy, smiley, little guy.  What I got was the lethargic version that scared me a little.  Mike said they had a rough night and that Kolton's oxygen levels had dipped too low multiple times over night sounding an alarm.

He spent most of today, from 9 am to 3:30pm, sleeping on my chest.  When he finally woke up I got the smiles I was hoping for!  He even drank a little bit of milk and ate a few crackers.  So while we've definitely turned the corner we are going to stay one more night.

I can't believe it got this bad!


No comments:

Post a Comment