Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Day


Did you get out and vote?  I did, at 6:15 this morning!  I'm still adjusting to day light savings so I was already awake.  Mike was home so I was able to get out and do my civic duty without a potentially unruly toddler in tow.  I had to wait in line a good half hour even that early in the morning.  I'm not going to get political but there is no denying its time to move beyond this election.

The last 4 years have really gone by so incredibly fast.  It's really hard to imagine that in another 4 years Kolton will be almost 6 years old and in Kindergarten!  Can that be right????

As I type this Karma is biting me in the ass, HARD!  Remember all that bragging I did about having a  child that went to bed without a peep?!?  Ugh, Karma is a bitch!  Its hit or miss and even though Kolton rubs his eyes and displays the signals for being tired he will not go down without a fight.  And by fight I mean screaming and crying.  So we inevitably give in and bring him back downstairs for a bit, go up, back down, go up, etc.  My mom thinks he gets stimulated by taking a bath.  But that   has always been our routine....bath, stories, lullaby, bed.  So now I'm back to feeling a little lost when it comes to bed time.

Alright, time to go give it another try.  Kolton has been running around for the past 15 minutes as I've tried to type this.  I guess we'll be staying up late to watch the results any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment