Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Ho, Ho, Homecoming

My dad

The Holidays!  I can't believe Thanksgiving is over already and we are now on to Christmas.  I also can't believe we will be back home in WI again in just under 4 weeks.  We always look forward to getting home and seeing family.  But as Mike hilariously stated when we finally got home around 12:00 am this morning... there is nothing quite as wonderful as getting to sleep in your own bed after a long trip away.

Kolton has a terrible cold.  I'm actually not 100% sure he ever fully recovered from the ear infection.  He is so congested he chokes on the phlegm.  The last few nights have been anything but restful for him.  We went back to the doctor today for more antibiotics and a nebulizer.  My poor little guy.  I have been relatively laid back because his energy has been up but today he slept most of the day and was down again by 7:30.  Then there was this hilarious moment at the airport last night....we sat down to eat at Ike's which is kind of an upscale burger place (BTW, the Minneapolis airport is awesome) I was feeding Kolton applesauce when he started to gag (again from all the phlegm) and he ended up throwing up the applesauce on his pants.  It wasn't too gross so I just wiped it off.  As Mike and I settled in with our burgers he proceeded to eat his mandarin oranges.  Can you guess what happened next?  Yup, those suckers came back up too, all over his sweater.  I haven't carried a change of clothes for him in a long, long, time and all of his clothes were checked in my suitcase.  But, like I said, the MSP airport is great so I was easily able to find him a $20 T-shirt to wear home!  It's moments like those that all you can do is laugh and hope for the best.  He slept from take off to touch down.

Even with little man feeling like crud earlier in the day we were able to sneak in a trip to the Mall of America so Kolton could see Santa. I was anxious for other people to be with me instead of doing these little holiday traditions on my own.  I also really, really, miss that place.  It was simply 'the mall' to me and I took it for granted.   On a Monday afternoon there was no line to sit on the big guy's knee =)


Hope your holiday season is off to a happy, and healthy start!

1 comment:

  1. Eek! This is why we don't go see Santa - I get so worried she could pick up what the previous kid is coming to the mall with! RSV would land her in the hospital for probably a couple weeks...so scary!

    ReplyDelete