Sunday, November 27, 2011

Thanksgiving


Happy Thanksgiving Everyone!  I hope you all stuffed yourselves silly.  Special thanks to Kristin for Kolton's adorable holiday outfit.  We were lucky enough to spend the holiday with good friends.  And, in case you haven't heard, Kolton is now a crawler =)  Whoo Hoo!  We've been waiting for this.  He's still army crawling but can move from one room to another.  He doesn't do it willy nilly though.  It's all about the basketball at this point.


The funny thing is it rolls so easily across the floor that just the slightest touch will send it spinning.  So now I really have to get some serious baby proofing done.  We are currently using the loft as Kolton's play area.  I have a gate that I use to block the hall so I can do other things around the house while he plays.  The other day I was on the phone downstairs when I heard giggling.  I looked up and saw this....


I've been using the breathable bumper as a way to enclose the space; thinking arms and legs won't get  stuck through the spindles.  But now that he likes to pull it down and peak through it might be a lost cause.

So my holiday decorating is in full swing!  I know I've mentioned before that I absolutely L-O-V-E Christmas and decorating has always been a family tradition.  It's always interesting decorating a new space for the first time.  I always try to do things a little different every year.  This year I'm using colored lights on the small tree...oh, yes; I put up multiple trees.  Don't worry Kristin I'm using white lights on the big tree, the mantle, and the staircase.  But there is something fun about colored lights and I love the soft glow!  My real worry this year is trying to figure out how Kolton's new crawling status will effect where I can put things.  


No comments:

Post a Comment