Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Leaves

We've been having some beautiful fall weather here in Richmond.  As much as I miss fall in Minneapolis it also comes early and is short lived.  I've really gotten used to the fact that I can go outside without a coat and even wear flip flops into late November.  But this is the first year I've experienced fall in the suburbs. On my daily walk I usually hear no less than 7 leaf blowers, doesn't anybody use a rake anymore?  Its frankly hilarious to see people in their yards trying to blow all of their leaves into a neat pile.  Then yesterday I witnessed an operation unlike anything I've ever seen.  The house we're renting comes with lawn service.  Well they came yesterday to do the leaves....

I'm standing in front of our garage so this is the side view of the front yard.  I was just coming back from a walk so I missed them in the back.  I assume those are all the leaves from the back yard where most of the trees are.

They suck up the huge pile from the street into that truck you see.

What your left with is this!  Awesome!  All complete in about 1/2 hour.

Of  course today more leaves have fallen.  Whats really funny is as I walk through the neighborhood I see completely clean yards right next to a yard full of leaves.  All it takes is a little wind to really piss someone off!

No comments:

Post a Comment