Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Sleep Training


I let Kolton watch TV in the morning after his bottle.  I know, I know, I'm rotting his brain but he's just so darn cute!

Mike's interviews went really well!  Basically he has the job but they are just not 100% sure which territory they want him in.  We are both really sick of being in limbo.  I don't want to even think about packing up and moving; ugh!  So for now I'll just enjoy what ever time we have left in Baltimore.  There are so many fun events coming up.  The real silver lining in Mike getting this job is that I get to be a stay at home Mommy!  I'm pretty excited to throw myself into the role.  I've been thinking a lot about activities I want to sign up for but of course that will also have to wait until we get set up in our new city.  It's been real frustrating getting home only in time to put Kolton to bed.  Last night I got home at 6:45 and he was asleep by 7:25.  But hey, I'm not going to complain too much because right now he's a champion sleeper.  Mike and I however, are not. 

Do they offer sleep training for adults because we could really use some.  Without fail we are both up in the middle of the night.  I don't know why?!?!  It started happening a few weeks before Kolton was even born.  I thought it was our bodies way of preparing ourselves for what was to come.  Then, getting through those first few months was no picnic but we made it.  Now Kolton sleeps for 11 hours/night on average.  Why can't we? 

Since contemplating the possibility of moving to Florida I haven't been able to stop thinking about bugs and spiders.  Most of you know that I am TERRIFIED of spiders.  Well last night during The Voice the most awful commercial aired.  I don't think I imagined it but I was half asleep so I'm not sure which company the commercial was for exactly. But it was for a smart phone that had such a clear picture that when they showed a picture of a giant tarantula a woman thought one was actually on her table.  Eeeek!  Who came up with this crap?  I get the hebie jebies just thinking about it!  Did anyone else see this?  So of course I was tossing and turning because of that.  Then a train kept coming through and blaring the horn (we live really close to tracks).  Mike likes to sleep with the windows open, I don't.  Etc, etc.  Anyway, I feel like its been a long time since Ive had a night of true quality restful sleep.  I once heard that after you become a parent you always sleep with one eye open.  I hope that's not true!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm happy for Mike and happy that you'll get to stay home with Kolton (and a little jealous).

    As for the sleeping - while J and I are probably going to bed much earlier than other people, I still feel like we're up for far too long to really take advantage of getting a long sleep session. Annmarie goes to bed around 7pm (but it can vary by 30 minutes before or after) - and then we're up until at leat 9:30 doing stuff.

    And then I just naturally get up around 1pm now to nurse (although at my next pediatrician appt, I'm going to ask about stopping that) and then we get up for work at 5am. It sucks. But the idea of going to bed when it is still light out doesn't seem possible.

    But oy, I am tired.

    ReplyDelete