Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Birthday Sophie!



Happy Birthday Sophie! I can't believe my baby is 4 years old. Time flies. Most of you know that Sophie is so much more than just a pet to us. She is truly a family member and in many ways my first born. I really didn't have a bond with any animal growing up. We had a collie named Taffy that was an outdoor dog. Taffy would often go rouge and run away. Once the older lady in the neighborhood started feeding her steak she was gone for good. She would hook up with us when we walked past the neighbor's house but never follow us home. My dad had a couple of cats and an angry little Lahhasa Apso named Mandy. But I really never paid them much attention. Sophie has brought such an incredible amount of joy to our lives. We marvel constantly at what a true companion she is. Of course we love to spoil her and she gets to sleep right between us. She is now such a good big sister to Kolton, always watching over him. But I think she does get quite happy when he goes to bed and she gets us all to her self again. Sophie is quite the little charmer. Everyone in our neighborhood knows her and often say hi to her by name. I'm pretty sure they don't know mine. She is simply the best little light that came into our lives and we love her madly!


On a completely random note: Caller ID cracks me up! Have you ever dialed a wrong number and hung up only to have the owner call back demanding to know who was trying to get a hold of them. Ha! Sorry, you're not that important.









No comments:

Post a Comment