Friday, May 6, 2011

Jumble





HELLO WORLD! After thinking about starting this blog for months and months I'm finally doing it:) I love to read blogs and have found them to be highly addictive. I especially love the ones that keep me closer to my friends and what's going on in their lives. It makes me feel a part of things even though I may not be around (Hi Dan & Julie!). My problem was my thoughts were a jumbled up mess. Almost like trying to write a paper in college; I just didn't know where to start. Now I feel like it's the day before the papers due and I'm calculating if I can afford to take the hit on my grade to turn it in late...Mom, I never did that, well not that often anyway! So here I am jumping in somewhere in the middle hoping at some point it will all make sense.


I decided to name my blog Domestically Disabled because its actually the phrase on my favorite coffee cup. I don't really cook and sometimes cleaning is a challenge. But now that I have a child things need to change. Or I hope I'll have fun trying along the way. My sweet little baby Kolton Michael is already 3 months old. I want to remember the little things and am afraid I've already failed as a mother but not recording all of his milestones thus far. But I can start now...


At 15 weeks Kolton is simply the sweetest thing. He smiles all the time, especially at his daddy. He's recently been expeimenting with his vocal range by going high pitched at times. He's so content to lay on the floor in his green jungle or sit for a while in his bouncy chair. AND he sleeps through the night! After struggling with what I thought might be some sort of reflux he just simply out grew it. At about 12 weeks the switch just flipped. We now have an established bedtime routine; bath, diaper, lotion, jammies, swaddle, and a few bonus ounces of formula (if he makes it that far, sometimes he doesn't). He falls asleep to the sounds of his Summer Infant Slumber Buddy which plays a variety of lullabyes and lasts for at least 15 minutes if not more. The whole process takes only about 20 minutes or so.


I would probably say that my favorite time of day has to be the morning. After a full nights sleep (10-11 hours most nights) I love waking up to hear him talking to his buddies on his mobil. I wonder what he's saying to them???? He always has a big smile on his face when he finally sees me and then it's time for a s-t-r-e-t-c-h- both arms and legs; so adorable!


I'm writing only about mornings and evenings because that's all I get with him. I'm currently working as a new home sales assistant for Ryan Homes in Baltimore, MD. I count myself lucky because I don't have to be at the model until 10 am so I get a little more time with him in the morning than other working moms. But, I also don't get home until after 6:30; just in time to start the bed time routine at between 7-8:00) Right now my husband gets all of the moments in between. He was laid off shortly before Thanksgiving and is still looking. The timing was great and horrible at the same time. Great because how many Father's get to spend this much alone time with their children (again Hi Dan!) but horrible because there is an extra layer of stress that comes with being unemployed. More on that and a later post.


So, I'm not sure if I'm off to a good start or not here but at least it's something, a start. It's a jumble alright but there will be time for edits later. I look forward to sharing my laughter, love, tears, and completely random thoughts with all of you!

2 comments:

  1. You are a great mama and Kolton is lucky God gave him to you and Mike. Happy Mother's Day to one lady I am so proud of!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the blog! Will be adding you to my fav blog list!! Can't wait to read all about you and your special family!

    ReplyDelete