Friday, May 27, 2011

Retirement Day


Today is my last day of work for the foreseeable future.  Crazy!  AND we are moving to Florida.  Crazy!  So I am retiring and moving to Naples, FL at age 32.  Life is funny sometimes:)  Gotta say, I'm feeling a little guilty about all of that money I spent on getting a college education only to stay at home.  But, I'm a better person and I'll be a better mother for it.  Plus, the friendships and memories are priceless! 

I don't think I can say anything more regarding my feelings about moving to Florida...it is what it is.  I know I'm being quite the Debbie Downer about it.  I am just a person that thrives on friendships and moving to a place where I have none is hard for me.  But I need to focus on the positive...this is a great opportunity for Mike and our family.  What an incredible adventure it will be!

In Kolton news he's starting to really reach and grasp for things now.  All of the little toys that hang from his car seat and bouncy chair have new life now that he can reach them.  He's accidentally rolled from belly to back a few times and is sitting much better in his Bumbo chair.  I think the next couple of weeks are going to be very exciting.  In all the craziness that has been my life lately I haven't had too much time to worry about Kolton's upcoming surgery.  A week from today he will be having a minor surgery to repair a hernia.  Since we knew from day 1 that he would require surgery the hospital refused to circumcise him because it'll be better to do it under anesthesia, so he's getting that done too.  I'm really hoping it doesn't disrupt his sleep schedule too much.  Thankfully my mom will be here to help us make him as comfortable as possible.  She comes in on Sunday for a weeks visit and I am so excited for her to spend time with him.

Happy Memorial Day Weekend!  I have a bachelorette party to go to in Ocean City on Saturday.  Hope everyone has a fun and safe weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment