Monday, May 9, 2011

Happy Mother's Day! OMG, what is this?!?!



Happy Mother's Day to all of the wonderful mother's out there; especially my own! It was such a new experience to receive well wishes and comments as I went about my day yesterday. To celebrate, my husband cleaned all of the bathrooms(we have 4!), brought me a huge bouquet of flowers(the biggest one they had, he said!), took me out to breakfast, and even offered to feed the baby while patiently waiting for me at Target. Thank You Sweetie! You're the Best! Later we had some friends over and threw some burgers on the grill for lunch. Then ended the day relaxing on our deck-after putting Kolton down around 7pm. Overall it was a great day!


It was actually a year ago on Mother's Day that I found out I was going to be a mom! I really had no good reason to test. Aunt Flo wasn't due for another day or so, I had gone off the pill only a month before, and there was a very slim chance that I could be pregnant. Lets just say we weren't actively trying:) I didn't even tell Mike I was going to take the test. I just thought it might cool to find out I was going to be a mom on Mother's day. I worked that day and decided to take what I thought would be just a practice test when I got home. But for some reason I was very excited and even thought about how disappointed I was going to be. I turned the test over so I wouldn't obsess too much. I got the surprise of my life when I flipped that sucker back over and saw the positive result! I ran downstairs shaking; waiving the stick at Mike and screaming "What is this?!?!?! OMG What is this?!?!?" Mike looked up at me and said "I can't help you, I don't even know what I'm looking at!"


I waited about an hour and took another test, same result! We called our parents...this was HUGE news! We knew we couldn't keep the secret from the friends we were going to see that week-I am a terrible lier -and we wanted our parent's to be the first to know. I think I ended up taking 6 tests over the next few days and there was no doubt, I was pregnant! I think it came as such a shock because we had heard so many stories about how long it can take. Even though we had talked about it and I went off the pill we just never really wrapped our minds around the idea.


So now a year later here we are. Proud parents to the most beautiful baby boy ever! Kolton, I am so lucky to be your mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment