Monday, August 6, 2012

Kinks



So far we are love, love, loving the new place but there are still a few kinks that need to be worked out.  For what ever reason I keep reaching for light switches in wrong places or turning the wrong direction to grab something in the kitchen.  Much to Mike's dismay I also keep forgetting to lock my car door.  I'm just not used to doing it because I always parked in the garage before.  We are not 100% unpacked yet and to tell you the honest truth I have no idea what is in the boxes that remain...just a bunch of junk I suppose.

The one big thing that needs to get worked out is the staircase/baby gate situation.  We had a staircase at the other place too with one pressure gate that we transferred up and down.  While that gate works just fine at the bottom of this staircase its not gonna fly at the top.  We are making due with blocking the stairs when we are up there with Kolton for the time being.  For a while there he was doing really well on stairs.  My mom taught him how to turn around and scoot down.  It looked like he was getting a lot of confidence going both up and down, always under my supervision.  But, in the past week both Mike and I have caught the little guy mid tumble.  Thankfully he wasn't far from the bottom on both occasions but still....confidence gone.  More mine than Kolton's I guess.  I'm a little baffled because he never had a problem at the other place.  But the carpet on the stairs is a little different and maybe the height is different too.  Like I said, kinks.

I do have to brag a little that I had one of the most perfect days yesterday.  After we woke up and ate breakfast we tried out the community pool for the first time.  It's a standard backyard size pool so nothing super fancy.  But I can't even remember the last time I went swimming, especially in the morning. Its in the 80's now which is just so much cooler than the 90's we've been having.   When we got back it was nap time for all!  Then I ran some errands, by myself, went to the gym, by myself, and ended with dinner and drinks with a couple Mommy friends.  All in all it was glorious!  I hope you had a great weekend too!


No comments:

Post a Comment