Tuesday, August 7, 2012

It Never Gets Old


In the absence of TV I have to get my Olympic fix somehow.  I have been taking in some of the gymnastics events live online.  But for me part of the experience was always watching sports I might regularly not have any interest in like swimming or diving.  Anyway, since we can't watch the Olympic coverage we've been watching some movies.  Tonight I watched MIRACLE.  I know, I know, thats the WINTER Olympics.  But no matter how many times I watch it my heart always beats out of my chest and I always cry.  It never gets old...

You know what does get old...me!  I turned 34 a couple of weeks ago and lately I've felt like I'm starting to really age physically.  I don't know if its because I've had a kid or because I'm now in my mid-thirties, but now I really see it.  Ugh!  Of course there is the basic lines in my face.  However, now I've also noted changes in my legs.  My thighs are bigger, and my knees are bigger.  I've never been a shapely gal but all of the sudden I feel like I have hips.  Again Ugh!  So I've been the gym 3 times this week.  Its almost hard to recognize who I see in the mirror.  For some reason in my head I haven't really changed since the age of 18.  Outside of being pregnant I've always weighed the same I did then.  Now I weigh about 22 pounds more!  I'm not quite sure what to do?  Is this something I want to fight for?  Is it even attainable at my age now?  These are questions I've never had to ask myself and now suddenly do.  Weird.

No comments:

Post a Comment