Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Egg Hunt



Today Kolton's play group had an Easter egg hunt.  Ever the observant little guy Kolton inspected one egg over, over, over, & over again.  He's so funny!

Despite the wonderful smile about an hour before this photo was taken Kolton had another EPIC meltdown.  We were in the car and I decided to pull over into a gas station to try to calm him down.  He was not having it.  He didn't want a drink, snack, or to simply be out of he car seat.  I had no idea what to do! It was really awkward being in a gas station parking lot with a screaming kid.  I was nervous that someone might think I was hurting or kidnapping him.  We were only 5 minutes or so from home so I reluctantly buckled him back in (making him scream harder).  Once back at the house I gave him a cup of milk which seemed to do the trick.  I was afraid we were going to have to skip the egg hunt but thankfully he rode to the park with ease.  And we proceeded to have a lovely afternoon.

So a funny side effect of using a cup more often is now he thinks its appropriate to drink bath water.  I've always used a cup to rinse his head.  Now he grabs it, fills it with water, and drinks.  This is one battle I'm just prepared to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment