Monday, April 9, 2012

Cabinets


Kolton has finally discovered cabinets!  He doesn't haul stuff out of them or anything yet...he just likes to push things around.  I have cabinet locks on the cleaning products but other than that I kind of like letting him test his skills.

I'm not sure if I've mentioned it on here but Mike and I are thinking about moving to a different place in Richmond.  More than anything we have found that we are really overpaying for this house.  A lot of the things we see on Craigslist that are comparable in size & location are about $500 less per month!  We are also thinking about moving to a neighborhood closer in to the city of Richmond.  We are really missing city living.  Last week a Mom I've met through playgroup invited us over to take a walk through her neighborhood.  It was really great and reminded me a lot of Uptown in Minneapolis, my home for 3 years after college.  The hard part is the homes are turn of the century old...I mean 1900's.  After touring one I'm not sure I can go back in time to being OK with a home that isn't newly updated.  Of course there are some gorgeous renovations but then we would be paying just as much, if not more, in rent.  But let me tell you now I'm incredibly nervous to give our landlord's notice.  That means we have to find something....what if we don't?????  I'm almost hoping they would be willing to renegotiate the rent here.  I'd love to find a place that's a better overall fit for us but I also don't want to land ourselves in a worse situation.  Oy!  Now all of a sudden I have a lot to fret over!

No comments:

Post a Comment