Thursday, September 29, 2011

Medicated


Little man has been a tad under the weather lately.  Just a very minor runny nose.  He doesn't seem to be bothered too much by it.  It's kind of funny to see his reaction.  I hate to admit this but I  have no idea what to do.  Do they make baby cold medicine?  I don't even have a pediatrician for him yet!  I have an appt to meet with one next week but oy, what have I been doing with myself?!?!  Outside of his surgery I have not given Kolton much in terms of medication.  This is only his 2nd cold and the kid has never even had a fever.  With teething he is often comforted just by me holding him so I don't give him medication just to give it to him.  I'm actually kind of fearful about giving it to him because there isn't a lot of dosing information for infants.  Have I mentioned how lucky I am to have such a good baby?



1 comment:

  1. You're so lucky that Kolton has been healthy in his first year! They used to make baby cold medicine, but for the most part, I don't even think it's sold anymore and it's not recommended until at least age four or so, I think. Our pediatrician always told us to let colds just run their course, but we had to take Zoey in quite a bit for ear infections, so we used antibiotics he prescribed. You'll want to have children's Tylenol on hand for fevers or if the teething gets too uncomfortable, but we rarely used it in Zoey's first 3 1/2 years. I'm with you...the less medicine the better. TLC from mom works wonders!

    ReplyDelete