Monday, September 12, 2011

The D word



The things that are on my mind today both seems to start with the letter D.  And of course it only makes sense that both words in my blog title do as well.  I hope this isn't an indicator that I'm earning a D in life!

Kolton is really a fun little guy right now.  I won't keep going on and on about what a good baby he is because as I said in the previous post Murphy's Law sucks.  But he really is the best!  I know I'll remember these days for the rest of my life; the funny thing is he won't. I think that's a little sad yet I almost wish it could go on like this too.  Just knowing that he can't ever be DISAPPOINTED in life right now gives me a lot of comfort.  It breaks my heart to think about the things that might not go his way one day.  Maybe he won't make the team, won't get to play, or he'll get picked on at school.  We all have these moments and I DREAD the day when I'll have to be strong for him.  I could cry just thinking about it!  I saw an episode of How I Met Your Mother that looked back on all the lies Barney's mom told him to cover up DISAPPOINTING him.  I'm wondering if I'll do that one day too.  It just really bothers me to know that he'll get his feelings hurt one day and there is nothing I can do to stop it from happening.  Ugh!  Sorry for the DOWNER so on to funnier things.

Over the past several weeks I've been struggling a little bit with DIAPER changes.  With every poopy DIAPER change Kolton wants to reach DOWN and scratch his butt.  He's quick and I can never wipe fast enough.  Icky, icky, icky.  Then today it just DAWNED on me...give the kid something to play with! DUH!

No comments:

Post a Comment