Saturday, September 3, 2011

In The Muck

Remember when a few weeks ago I wrote about being in a lull?  Well things definitely shifted very quickly.  After being out of town for over a week I was back in Richmond for only one night before heading back out to Baltimore.  The fun part was seeing all of my girls at our fantasy football draft.  I am the commissioner of a ladies only fantasy league.  We have 14 teams and sometimes girls even pair up and share a team.  This is our 3rd year and I think we're starting to get the hang of it!  I'm not too thrilled about my team this year because I was too busy to prepare.  But with the third overall pick I was able to obtain my main man, the anchor of my team for the 3rd year in a row....Packers Quarterback Aaron Rodgers!  LOVE!

The bad part of my Baltimore visit was dealing with this...
Damage to the townhouse from Hurricane Irene!

The winter before last Baltimore experienced 3 massive snow storms.  Two took place only 2 days a part.  At that time we notice a small water stain in our master bedroom ceiling.  I guess we didn't think too much of it.  Just figuring with all of that snow of course some had melted and settled, where else could it go?  We never had a problem.  Well unfortunately the tenant who is now living in our town home woke up to water pouring out of the ceiling.  There is more damage than just this but this is one of the worst areas.  The really sucky part is there is no glaring reason where or why this is happening.  I met with our property manager and project manager who pointed out small cracks surrounding the door leading to the rooftop deck.  I can't believe that that much water could get in through those cracks but apparently the carpet pad underneath the carpet on the landing is soaked even though the carpet remains dry so that has to be the spot.  Now we are going to have to cut out a big chunk of the ceiling and probably replace some carpet.  What we don't know at this point is the true extent of the damage.  I guess we won't know until we cut the hole.  Ugh!  So frustrating!!!!

So I ended up staying in Baltimore longer than expected so I could deal with the town home.  On the way back to VA I hoped Kolton would sleep.  No such luck.  I had to pull over 3 times! At one point I decided to feed him hoping a full belly would knock him out.  Even though I had fed him just before we left.  As he was sucking down the bottle I felt relief sensing I had figured out the reason for his fussiness.  He promptly threw it all up soaking himself and his car seat!  I had pulled over at a rest stop but was hesitant to bring him into the rest room because I didn't want to leave Sophie in the car by herself.  I can't believe I managed to keep my cool.  But I got him changed in the backseat of the car, got the car seat wiped out as best I could, and got back on the road.  Que hysterical crying!  So bad I had to pull over again to make sure he was OK.  He just smiled at me=)  Sometimes my boy just wants attention.  Thankfully after a few more miles he cried himself to sleep.  My trip home took over 4 hours!  

I'm thankful to be home with Mike and out of the muck I thought I'd never get out of!

1st Time Sitting in the Grass


No comments:

Post a Comment