Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Baptism

Kolton's baptism was truly a very special event.  We flew home so that we could share the celebration with  our families.  My mom and step dad hosted a luncheon beforehand.  They even rented a tent!  Then all 30 or so of us attended the 4:30 mass before the actual baptism took place.  There was another little girl getting baptised at the same time.  After church was over and I saw how many people were there for her as well as our crew I figured there may have been about 10 people that left.  The only hiccup was that the priest could not remember the names of the kids.  When first asked his name I simply said "Kolton" and was startled when he asked me what his Christian name was.  I wasn't exactly prepared for that.  Thankfully I heard my mom say "Michael!".  But even then he could not remember Kolton Michael or the little girls name either.  Kolton was a little fussy because I didn't time his bottles right and all I kept thinking was thankfully this isn't his wedding!  But in the end we received his official certificate and hopefully God knows who he is!  Here are some of my favorite photos...

We didn't change into our good clothes until right before church.

The Godparents; my good friend Kristin and my brother Tony

Family Photo.  Probably the first one in months =)

My Dad

Getting hosed down

Like I said, fussy baby

The Great Grandparents

Grandparents

Kolton and Kristin

Daddy Time!

Afterwards Kolton had fun with my mom's glasses

I just love this one!







No comments:

Post a Comment