Saturday, February 2, 2013

Linked


Last night Mike and I had one of those magical nights where we were in bed by 7:45pm.  We are that pathetic!  Actually we technically went out.  When you consider going to dinner at 5:00pm a night out.  I fell asleep somewhere around 9:00pm and woke up at 11:00pm feeling completely rested.  So I went to check on Kolton.  He had gone down without a peep.  I peered into his crib and found him staring back up at me.  He didn't make a sound and I hastily creeped back out of his room.  I tossed and turned for the next 1.5 hours; going to check on him every 20 min or so.  Each time he was still awake too!  We were linked in our insomnia.  But he never whined or anything!  I thought for sure when he saw me he would want to get up.  Nope, he would just turn his head and look at me.  Maybe he thought he was dreaming.  

 Please tell me I'm not the only one who checks on their kid multiple times a night.  I can't rest peacefully without seeing that he is too.  There is a part of me that worries he might try to climb out of his crib soon.  Then there is a part of me that is just conditioned to check on him from the days of worrying about SIDS.  Either way I know I can't sleep without that last look.

Within 1 minute of hearing my little man's trademark snore I drifted off.



No comments:

Post a Comment