Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Water Logged

Seriously, why do I bother buying toys?

I've probably said it before but I think my favorite part of being a mom is watching Kolton change before my very eyes.  Its like I can actually see him growing.  One day he wakes up and is suddenly older some how.  

Little man is babbling up a storm.  I am very hopeful that this means more words are around the corner. He also now knows what his jacket is.  He can't quite put it on yet but he runs over to it when I tell him.  Last night I told him about what the different color traffic lights mean.  And I swear he said "Red Light" when we were stopped.  He's also using a spoon properly.  Of course I know these are really basic things that most 2 year olds know how to do.  But, its just so much fun to note what he's learning day to day.  He also no longer wants to sing and rock before bed.  He'd much rather just chill out in his crib staring at his stars.  I'm starting to realize that my days of having a baby are numbered.  Mike and I are still undecided about having more kids so I may never get the chance to savor these moments again.

One other thing that is different this week is Kolton has been drinking a lot of water.  And from a Sippy Cup!  He's been so funny about only drinking milk from a sippy and water from a straw cup.  On a whim I gave him water in a sippy and he drank the whole cup.  However, now he wants to take the water to bed with him for both naps and bed.  Am I crazy to let him?  I just think given the dehydration issues we have faced in the past its OK.  And even after the cup of water he woke up from his nap yesterday with bloody chapped lips.  I know with potty training around the corner this is probably not the best thing to start but hopefully I can reason with him later on.

My Big Boy!

1 comment:

  1. L takes a sippy of water to bed with her. I never want to deprive her of something since I worry about hydration, but I worry about potty-training issues as a result!

    ReplyDelete