Thursday, February 14, 2013

What I Love About You


I do a lot of complaining on here, I know.  So, in honor of Valentine's Day I thought I'd dedicate this post to some of the things I love about my little man.  But then, he decided to treat me to a 2 hour fight at bed time...not really a fight just being a demanding little shit =)  The irony is, his antics are near the top of my list; only in much smaller doses!

Dear Kolton,

Here are a few things that I love about you right now.  Of course I love all of you!  These are just some of the little things that make you you at 2 years old.

I LOVE how you are a child of few words but still chuck full of personality!  I'm starting to realize that you understand so much more than you can say.  You can identify colors, shapes, and animals in books.

I Love our bedtime ritual...bath, book, songs, bed.  You sign for more and put your head down on my shoulder.  I ask you if you are ready to go night night and when you touch your eyes that's the signal to lay you down.  Typically this takes 10 minutes or so.  (Tonight it took 2 hours!)

I LOVE your little dance.  It is the best!  When ever you hear music you start to move.  It could be a commercial or a song playing in an elevator.  Your little jig is awesome.  I get a lot of comments from other moms about how cool they think you are.

I LOVE that you have finally found something that comforts you; your nipples.  I'm not going to lie, its a little strange, but I love that its so incredibly unique.  We can always tell when you are tired because your hand goes down your shirt.  You even sleep that way!

I LOVE the bond we are creating.  Anticipating your needs now comes as easy as breathing.  One day you will be able to tell me what you want but until that day we will continue to live and love in (somewhat) peaceful harmony!

Happy Valentine's Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment