Sunday, January 6, 2013

Terrible Twos!


Kolton has turned into a real garbage gut lately.  My boy loves his M&M's.  While we were at my mom's, he took that giant bag out of the cupboard in the kitchen and brought it to me.  Now that we are home he is all about the animal crackers.  The big tub has been on top of the fridge for well over a month and he never really cared.  Now its whine, whine, whine, and point until he gets what he wants.  Please tell me I'm not the only one who notices a dramatic personality difference in their toddler as he/she nears two.  Its crazy how difficult he's been in the past few days.  Getting dressed and diaper changes are especially challenging.  He still has his sweet moments of course but aye, aye, aye, he's turned into a crazy person!

We had a speech therapy appointment on Friday where Kolton had one of his little tantrums...over nothing!  His therapist strongly recommended that we seek Occupational Therapy treatment as previously suggested.  I was on the fence about it but after these latest out bursts I feel I have no choice.  On one hand I feel like he is two and this type of thing comes with the territory.  On the other I wonder if he is perceiving the world differently than what it is.  Hopefully going this route will help us.  I know I'm probably making the situation sound worse than it actually is but this is the reality I'm living in.  Is there something really wrong with my child?  Or, is this a case where we are making a big deal out of nothing just because his development isn't falling on some chart?

No comments:

Post a Comment