Monday, January 14, 2013

Absence


It has been down right mild.  This weekend it was in the 70's.  I realize that Kolton is going to have a vastly different childhood than mine.  One without bundling up, fighting the elements, or snow days due to actual snow and not just an inch.  However, there are mountains relatively close by where people can get their ski or snowboard fix.  I haven't been on the slopes in years (snowboarding).  Honestly I only did it to seem rough and tough, I never really liked it.  But the pictures of little 3 year olds on skis really get to me.  I worry that we might deprive little man of an experience that he might actually love.

I got all of my Christmas decorations down but have been a little lazy about putting it all away.  Kolton LOVES those colored snow flakes and scatters them around when ever he can.  And he really LOVES the light pink one which you can vaguely see spinning in his hand.    I wonder if its because of the absence of the color in his life that makes him love it so much?

No comments:

Post a Comment