Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Unrest




Hard to believe that its been well over a year since we moved to Richmond.  All of my sad & mad feelings have subsided however, I still feel restless.  The kind of restless like when you are having  a great time on vacation but a piece of you can't wait to get home.  It's weird.  But I really think a lot of it has to do with our living situation.  I look around this place and think of all of the things I would like to change or upgrade.  But its not worth it for a rental.  Then there is the constant fear that I'm going to wreck something.  We thought we left our last place in pretty good condition considering we never so much as hung a picture in the place.  We got less than 25% of our security deposit back!  WTF!!!!  They docked us for cleaning, a scratch in the counter tops. hardwood floor repair, trash removal, and I don't even know what else.  The big problem is we never had a walk through either at move in or move out so we have no proof.  They just kept our money!

But I'm really trying not to sweat the small stuff anymore.  After a week I still spend a lot of time thinking about that little boy who died of cancer.  I think this story is going to change my life forever. Its really hard to be upset about life when I get to spend all of my days with my beautiful, healthy, baby boy.  We spent a good 1/2 hour chasing each other around the kitchen yesterday.  The little shit even picked up on the concept of the double back.  We both worked up a sweat =)

No comments:

Post a Comment