Monday, September 24, 2012

Big Boy Seat


We FINALLY got Kolton into a big boy seat.  Oy!  For what ever reason I really struggled with the decision.  Part of it was cost but who am I kidding that's not really what was holding us back but I also didn't want to spend $300. But Heaven forbid something terrible happens then I'm the ass hole parent who didn't want to protect her child.   I just couldn't decide.  I read and re-read and re-read a number of reviews online.  I went to Babies R Us, Target, Walmart, back to Babies R Us.  Then there was the convertible vs straight on booster seat.  What brand is good, better best?  I just couldn't decide!!!

A few of the Moms I know told me that the Evenflo brand was recommended to them.  It was also recommended to me by a man who ran a baby boutique where he couldn't offer me a seat for anything less than $250...I laughed in his face.  So I ultimately decided on the Evenflo booster for $150.  It was actually thinner than the convertible seats which I thought would fit better in my little Mazda 3.  Plus at 20 months my intention was to get Kolton forward facing.

What I didn't know was all car seats have an expiration date of about 6 years.  So that means if we want to use our infant seat for another child we better get crakin.  Um, not quite ready for that yet!

1 comment:

  1. Car seats are so difficult to pick and figure out. We used the carseat lady in Baltimore to help figure out what seat to use for each of our cars. Glad you found one that works for you!

    ReplyDelete