Monday, September 10, 2012

1st Day of Preschool!


Today was Kolton's first day of preschool!  He only goes on Mondays from 9-noon.  I think the curriculum includes a lot of playtime =)  At orientation some parents were very concerned about leaving their babies.  Me, not so much.  Well, maybe a little.  It wasn't that I was worried about leaving him.  I was worried he wouldn't stop crying.  Like when they page me at the gym after a half hour.  Because of this the teachers make sure drop off is quick.  At this age we have to walk them to the classroom but there is definitely no time for lingering goodbyes.  I was a little teary eyed but only because on the drive to school the radio station discussed the Taylor Swift song I mentioned yesterday.  This was the ROCK station and the DJs all admitted they bawled their eyes out and thought it was the saddest song ever.  Agreed.  But at drop off, little man didn't cry at all and happily took the teacher's hand.  When I picked him up they told me he had nothing but smiles all morning =)  So, what did I do with my free time?  I took Sophie for a walk, talked to my mom, and cleaned the kitchen.  Not too shabby I'd say!

On our walk tonight we noticed a woman who appeared to be chasing a cat with another one following her.  My feelings of guilt from not doing more to bring that other cat home are still fresh so I asked the lady if she needed any help.  Upon further review the escapee looked a lot like the missing cat from the poster.  When I asked about it she said no, but this was his brother.  The good news is the missing cat was rescued from another storm drain in the community!  But um, don't you think she should keep better tabs on them?  Then to top it off the other cat that was trailing the lady followed us to our doorstep.  Thankfully this one was wearing a collar & tag so I called the owner who came and got him. I just don't understand the whole indoor/outdoor cat thing.  Do they know their way home or not????





No comments:

Post a Comment