Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Withdrawal


I've had an overall rough start to this week.  I just feel crummy both mentally and physically.  Last night it hit me....no coffee!  We ran out of K cups on Sunday and I haven't felt like myself ever since.  I have never considered myself to be addicted to coffee but I bet I'm experiencing a little withdrawal.  Thankfully Mike picked some up last night and I am sipping on it now =)

Yesterday I had to go to the county mental health office to fill out paperwork to get Kolton evaluated for his speech.  They gave me a questionnaire with different developmental milestones on it for a 16 month old.  I had to answer "not yet" to a lot of them.  I just wish I could explain how incredibly smart but laid back my little man is.  From my answers you would think that he just sits there like a lump, but that isn't the case at all!!!!  I think I'll be more relieved once the evaluation actually takes place on June 12th.  

Well I hope today is a better day...I'm going to go make myself another cup of coffee!

1 comment:

  1. I love this picture! About the delayed speech -- one of my best friends had that happen with her youngest son (who was also VERY laid back) and she was worried that he was "dumb." She said it as a joke, but she truly was getting worried! She was lucky in that one of our other best friends from Minneapolis is a speech therapist and was able to evaluate Cash on a few occassions and was able to assure Lisa that Cash would be fine. Whether our friend knew this for sure or just didn't want Lisa to worry too much, Cash did catch up and he is no longer quiet or laid back! I'm not sure what happened, but it seems like once he really started walking/running around, he became Mr. Ball of Energy and doesn't stop talking! We laugh about how worrisome it was when he was around 18 months old! About the coffee... I haven't been feeling well a couple of days this week and thought maybe coffee could be irritating my stomach, so I haven't had any to drink for a couple of days. My stomach is better today, but I'm still worried about the coffee. I understand your state of withdrawal! I have been feeling sluggish all day even though I am feeling much, much better. I sure hope I will be able to drink coffee again! I will give it a go tomorrow when I don't have to be at work if it starts shredding my stomach!

    ReplyDelete