Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Sync


 Kolton and I were waaaaaay off our normal routine today.  He fell asleep in the stroller during our walk this morning and did not stay asleep once I transferred him to the crib.  So we went to the grocery store.  He fell asleep in his car seat.  Again I failed to transfer him successfully.  Later another car trip resulted in another sleeping baby...we were on our way to a play date.  But since he had not slept at all I drove around for 45 minutes then decided to try the transfer 1 more time.  I thought I was going for strike #3 but after only a few minutes of crying he went down again.  I had to wake him up at 5pm.  Aaaaahh!  This day was so out of sync!  The only saving grace is he went to bed without a peep at 8:00.

Mike and I were together long before the days of online dating.  I always thought it seemed like a no brainer if you were single.  Well now I find myself online to find a new relationship; with a babysitter!  Has anyone ever used Sitter City or Care.com? I thought it looked pretty simple but its actually been a little stressful.  Basically you post a job and available sitters apply.  We have a wonderful babysitter here in Richmond that was referred to us.  But I'm looking for someone in Baltimore.  We go back so often I'd like to find a couple girls that I could call on whenever we come into town, which usually ends up being once a month.  So I've been pouring over profiles and have made a few awkward phone calls.  I just don't know how I'm going to be able to do this without meeting them in person.  I'm so scared of being stupid and putting my child in harms way.  But I'm also a little fed up with feeling like I'm being punished just because we don't live near family.  If people can fall in love and get married online I'm sure I can sync with a babysitter....right?

No comments:

Post a Comment