Monday, May 21, 2012

Overboard


Look at that sweet little angel face!  This was taken after a 4 hour nap on Friday.  A few weeks back I thought he was going to drop back to 2 hour naps but lately I've found myself trapped in the house for most of the day while Kolton snoozes.

We had a very calm weekend. Friday night our court hosted the monthly neighborhood get together which our subdivision does every summer.  We ended up meeting a fun couple who lives down the street.  They have two young girls, she is a SAHM, and he travels for work.  I can't believe we are just meeting them now after we've already decided to move!  The first thing they said to us was "we are so excited to see another young couple here."  I mean seriously, its like we live in a 55+ community.  The rest of the weekend we spent just lounging around.  Which is always frustrating on a Monday morning when you look at all the things you should have done.

In other Kolton news; his new favorite activity is to throw things overboard.  This is especially annoying at meal times.  What ever I put on his tray gets flung over the side.  When I tell him "no!" he just laughs at me and does it again.  So frustrating!  Does anyone else have this problem????  Now he's also sending his crib buddies flying.  I sneak in his room to put them back in because I love that he can entertain himself for a bit when he wakes up.  Oh! And we were able to get him walking again!  During the running of the Preakness actually.  Maybe he was feeling I'll Have Another's enthusiasm because he still won't do it on a consistent basis.  I'm crossing my fingers that he'll be steady on his feet for our trip to the Outerbanks in a month=)

4 comments:

  1. Hi Traci! Your mom sent me this link when I found out you had a blog and I told her I was interested in reading your blog now and then! I am always interested in new people who live somewhere that I don't! You mentioned that you and your husband are moving again. Where to?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just trying to set up an account so I can leave my comments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jodi! We are just moving to a different rental in Richmond. This single family home is a little expensive on the upkeep.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a sweet face!! Yes, Harrison is throwing everyting these days too...let me tell you, that channel changer hurts!!

    ReplyDelete