Thursday, December 1, 2011

Oh what fun!


I feel like the holiday season is in full swing and we've been having a lot of fun lately.  The Wilson family is in town visiting from Minneapolis.  John and Mike went to college together, Jen is one of the coolest moms ever, and their two girls are simply adorable.  They actually used to live in Richmond before moving back to MN a few years ago.  So they had a lot of fun insight on our new town.  Oh, how I wished they still lived here!  I think Mike and I would be settling in much better if they had.  We went to the Children's Museum on Tuesday followed by a pizza party back at our place.  Then last night we got a babysitter for all three kids while the adults attended a VCU basketball game.   It was the first time I've ever left Kolton with a non-friend babysitter.  I admit I was slightly nervous about it.  But, I ended up finding an amazing sitter through a referral from the realtor/property manager of the house we are renting.  Megan came with glowing references and completely put me at ease.  She is a full time nanny and babysits on the side as well.  She reported that Kolton is the best baby ever and I can't say that I disagree =)

Tonight its back to VCU for an AOII meeting then tomorrow we are cruising back to Baltimore for the night.  Saturday I have an AOII 25th Anniversary gala to go to celebrating 25 years of the sorority at VCU.  Then Sunday is the 1st birthday party for one of Kolton's Romp and Roll buddies.  Busy, yes, but oh what fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment